Thursday, August 18, 2011

early Ironman prep ride by chrisbtri at Garmin Connect - Details

http://connect.garmin.com/


I'm working with Garmin now, and just got onto Garmin Connect. Basically, if you have a Garmin, you sign up for the free account, then plug in your Garmin (or just bring it near the computer if it's a wireless connection), and it downloads all you your data. It gives you a complete view of the workout, including your power and heart rate at every point in the ride, averages and max efforts by lap and the entire ride. It also maps the course you completed, which is great for exploring new routes, or riding with others where you might not be paying attention.

I've been familiar with Garmin, and using their products for a while, but now I've really made a commitment to learning the product and using it (close) to it's capacities. downloading the workouts to Garmin Connect allows me to share my workouts and race breakdown with my coach, as well as followers of this blog. I haven't always been very good at tracking my workouts, but the more intuitive the product is, it makes it that much more likely I'll use it regularly.

Racing next weekend at TriStar 111 in Minnesota. Unique distance, with a 1k swim, 100k bike, 10k run. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment